We are a sector-wide non-profit, non-political and all-inclusive member-based organization. Our overall goal is to engage and influence the agricultural-sector ‘public-policy-development’ for sustainable development outcomes, through sector policy analysis & research, public-private policy dialogue, participatory governance and capacity building in sector governance and development.
A highly remunerative agriculture sector to all value chain actors
To effectively deliver progressive change in the agriculture through focused, differentiated actions for an optimal consultative function
What we do
- We bring together private sector players in the agricultural sector for a structured and purpose-driven public-private engagement process.
- We are the voice of the private sector actors in the agricultural development at the national and county levels.
- We act as an interface between government and the private sector in the agricultural sector environment.
- We strive for more effective, responsive, and accountable sector governance, which contributes to improved development outcomes.
- We build the case for the private sector participation in the agriculture sector transformation strategy, the big 4 agenda, the medium term plans and the overall aspirations of the national blue print; vision 2030 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
AgCK was established under the auspices of the African Union’s Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP) under the New Partnership for Africa Development (NEPAD) initiative. The Council provides an inbuilt mechanism for the private sector to progressively review and engage the government on its commitment to the CAADP principles.
The Mandate of AgCK is to advocate for enabling agricultural sector policy environment through coordinating the differentiated actions of the non-state actors for holistic transformation and growth.
AgCK drives its mandate through its strong corporate organizational and institutional architecture that provides objective and structured interface between the public and private sector in agriculture development in Kenya.
- High level linkages at the National and County levels
- Wide private sector network
- Strong partnership base in both private and public sector
- Competent and experienced technical team
- Inclusive multi-stakeholder board
AgCK is endowed with a diversity of essential competencies that provide the bedrock of delivery of its mandate including; –
- Capacity building in
- Public policy development processes
- Organizational development
- Establishment and development of Multi-Actor/Stakeholders policy development platforms
- Information Communication and Knowledge Management
- Policy research analysis and advocacy
- Regulatory impact assessment
- Value chains and business development support